This operator friendly, three piece, rear loading fixed center crosshead is the most revolutionary extrusion crosshead ever. The VORTEX® crosshead contains no nuts or bolts. The design of the crosshead is so simplistic that a die holder is not required. Only two parts, the cover and core tube, need to be removed in order to change the tip and die. Changeover time is but a fraction compared to other crossheads on the market.
The forward conical die taper is preceded by a wider angle core tube taper in the bore of the crosshead body. These internal tapers are precision ground at the same time, guaranteeing perfect mechanical alignment with the central axis. The external core tube taper and internal tip taper are finish ground at the same time so there is no “run out” between the tapers. This provides a perfect alignment between the tip and die when installed. The design of the VORTEX allows for a low volume of compound in the crosshead, producing a very low residence time.
VORTEX® Crosshead Advantages
- Rear loaded and only three components, the single layer Vortex Model is even more operator friendly in as much as that is has no die holder.
- Our customers choose the Vortex over the Dead Ringer style head when die holder technology is not required or if dual heat zone is required. Single or dual heat-zone, the elimination of a die holder makes change overs and tool changes a small fraction of the time the currently spend. Also, color changes are quicker and far more economical than they are currently experiencing.
- Dual heat-zone and dual layer are achievable with Vortex crosshead technology by adapting a front flow generator. This flow generator is the means by which the Vortex becomes a four piece dual layer and dual heat zone crosshead.
- Our Vortex models are made from Inconel 718 for High Temperature applications and tool steels of the stainless family for Low Temperature applications.
- Water cooling for CV operations and Titanium Nitride coating for abrasive applications are available.
Min. Tip ID
Max. Tip ID
Max. Die ID
No other crosshead is more simple, accurate or faster than the VORTEX®!
On-site service is included at NO CHARGE with every crosshead we sell!
Our Sales and Tech support is just a call away!
- High or Low Temperature
- Single Extrusion
- Single Stripe Co-extrusion
- CV with water cooling for thermoset applications
- And many more…