This operator friendly four piece, front loading, fixed center crosshead is the next generation to the extremely successful and very popular BULL’S-EYE® Crosshead.
Founded on our taper lock system, the DEAD RINGER® crosshead includes a Heavy-Duty Body and better flexibility to accept a variety of Die Holder technologies.
Inter-changeable Die Holders allow for dual, single stripe and dual layer applications. Performing single layer with or without stripe or changing to dual layer is made easy by simply installing the corresponding Die Holder.
DEAD RINGER® Crosshead Advantages
- Front Loaded and with only 4 components, this operator-friendly fixed center crosshead is our customer’s 1st choice for single heat zone technology when producing two or more stripes, dual layer (with or without stripe to top layer).
- Dead Ringer heads are ported in any location required to adapt conveniently to the Co-extruder. Striping and dual layer requirements are done thru die holder technology.
- Dead Ringer Crossheads are manufactured from Inconel 718 for High Temperature Fluropolymer applications while Stainless Tool Steels are utilized for Low Temperature.
- Water cooling for CV operations and Titanium Nitride coating for abrasive applications.
DEAD RINGER® Specifications
Min. Tip ID
Max. Tip ID
Max. Die ID
When it comes to co-extrusion “versatility”, changeover is a snap.
With the DEAD RINGER®, it’s all about the Die Holder.
On-site service is included at NO CHARGE with every crosshead we sell!
Our Sales and Tech support is just a call away!
- High or Low Temperature
- Single Extrusion
- Dual Layer
- Stripe Extrusion (dual or single)
- CV with water cooling for thermoset applications
- Nylon over PCV
- And many more…